Monday, December 6, 2021

2 longtime principals from Gainesville City Schools announce their retirement

2 longtime principals from Gainesville City Schools announce their retirement

“These two executives have given this school system their hearts and minds for many years and made a lasting impact,” said Superintendent Jeremy Williams. “With a total membership of 77 years, it is safe to say that these are real red elephants that will leave a strong legacy.”

Shields graduated from Gainesville High School in 1979 and began her career in the school system as a paraprofessional in 1984. She later worked as a gifted teacher, English as a second language teacher and as assistant principal before taking up her current position as principal of the New Holland Knowledge Academy. “Teaching will always be one of my passions,” said Shields. “Although it will be in a different capacity, I will continue to instill the love of learning into the lives of others.”

Brown has been in education for four decades, spending 28 of them with the Gainesville City School System. She has been part of the school system since childhood and attended Fair Street International Academy in the 1960s. “I feel like I came full circle because I went to school on Fair Street in 1964 and graduated from Gainesville High in 1976,” Brown said. “I’m ending my career where I started. I will continue to work in my community and be active in education by volunteering and mentoring to help students get their education successful. “

Brown and Shields will continue to serve as principals through May 2022 while the district looks for replacements.

The post 2 longtime principals from Gainesville City Schools announce their retirement first appeared on Daily Florida Press.

from Daily Florida Press https://dailyfloridapress.com/2-longtime-principals-from-gainesville-city-schools-announce-their-retirement/

No comments:

Post a Comment