Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Dua Lipa “horrified” by DaBaby’s homophobic comments on Rolling Loud Miami

Dua Lipa "horrified" by DaBaby's homophobic comments on Rolling Loud Miami

During his set at Rolling Loud Miami on Sunday night, DaBaby made homophobic comments while addressing the crowd. “If you haven’t shown up today with HIV, AIDS, or one of those deadly sexually transmitted diseases that will kill you in two to three weeks, turn on your cell phone,” he said. “Guys, if you’re not sucking cock in the parking lot, light up your cell phone!” After widespread criticism, the rapper said his gay fans weren’t “bad gays” or “junkies”.

Dua Lipa, who worked with DaBaby on her remix of the Future Nostalgia song “Levitating”, wrote a response to the rapper’s remarks in an Instagram story today (July 27th). “I’m surprised and appalled by DaBaby’s comments,” the post reads (viewed by Pitchfork). “I really don’t acknowledge this as the person I’ve worked with. I know that my fans know where my heart is and that I am 100% with the LGBTQ community. We need to come together to combat the stigma and ignorance surrounding HIV / AIDS. “

DaBaby tweeted today about the backlash to his comments. “Anyone who has ever had AIDS / HIV, you all have a right to be upset, what I said was insensitive even though I have no intention of offending anyone, so I apologize,” he wrote. “But the LGBT community … I don’t trip over all of you, do I? Your whole business is your whole business. “

During the same Rolling Loud set, DaBaby welcomed a surprise performance from Tory Lanez. The moment came not long after a Megan Thee Stallion set. Last year, Tory Lanez pleaded not guilty to attacking with a semi-automatic handgun; Megan said Tory Lanez shot her in the incident. Megan Thee Stallion representatives did not respond to Pitchfork’s requests to comment on Tory’s Rolling Loud appearance.

The post Dua Lipa "horrified" by DaBaby's homophobic comments on Rolling Loud Miami first appeared on Daily Florida Press.



from Daily Florida Press https://dailyfloridapress.com/dua-lipa-horrified-by-dababys-homophobic-comments-on-rolling-loud-miami/

No comments:

Post a Comment